View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like gravel. Have gravel over plastic in the partial crawl area in my present house. I actually had a partial full basement and partial crawl in my 1st house built in the '70s. The crawl had a concrete slab floor and access from the basement so that I could use it for storage (Xmas tree, etc.). We added on to the room above the crawl and built the new crawl under it the same way with an opening between the 2 spaces.

Anyway, just spit ballin' but I'm reminded of the mastic used to "glue" the heavy plastic water shield to the inner door panel of late model cars.

I think it is nothing more than a non-hardening urethane product so that you can pull the shield off (like for power window motor replacement as I've done many times) and then restick the shield to the door panel. The trick is to keep the sealer from getting all over your hands or having the shield fold over and glue to itself.

Pretty sure that stuff would adhere pretty well to cinder block.

Not sure if it applies from a gun or if you buy it in a roll of tape with a removable backing. And not sure where you'd buy it either.

I do have experience with urethane in a caulking tube that cures but you might have trouble getting it to hold the plastic to the wall until it cures. Plenty of adherence at that point but not sure how you would hold the plastic in place waiting for it to cure enough to hold. Might do for a water shield but a big sheet of plastic would have too much weight.

Like I said, just spit ballin' but might give you some ideas.