View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDGTO View Post
Dennis, is there any trick to getting the inner fender out? I need to change a heater core on mine and took all the bolts I could see out and it wouldn't budge.
I just did the heater core on my 71 GTO non AC car. I had to remove the rocker molding, the lower fender bolts, the inner fender well to fender bolts in the front of the wheel well (there's a bracket that attaches the two), the washer fluid jug, and all the inner fender bolts. Then you have to pull the lower fender outward and rotate and flex the inner to clear the upper A arm. At least that's what I did to get mine out, I wasn't to worried about scratching the inner on this car.

The heater core comes out from the inside of the car attached to the inner heater box, so you need to remove the inner glove box and disconnect all the cables and wires before you remove the box. The core is held in with a couple of spring clips.

Don't forget to replace the blower motor while your in there and clean out any mouse nests. Which is why mine had to come apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_120439[1].jpg
Views:	110
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	554628   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_193902[1].jpg
Views:	104
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	554629  

Last edited by pggto; 11-23-2020 at 03:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pggto For This Useful Post: