View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Even high spring pressure race engines i wouldn't run a bushed lifter. Zero advantage to them imo with a few downsides to them. Just my opinion
The advantage is the load carrying capability of a solid bushing vs a needle bearing. But they have disadvantages as mentioned as well. I honestly feel it's a pick your poison toss up at this point. Jesel officially said for years, needle bearings were superior if not using cheap Chinese crap and that's all they sold. Now they sell bushing style lifters as well. They are a well respected company as is Crower and Isky. I like the superior oiling of a needle bearing in a light to medium loaded condition. In severe loaded condition, 450-500 lb. on the seat and 1100 lbs. open, we had better luck with the bushing style lifters. But we were not putting thousands of miles of street driving on them. My current street build is going to be solid flat tappet for some of these reasons. Along with the high cost of a roller lifter, when it fails, blown up needles or axles or rollers can do allot of damage. If a flat tappet flattens out, you generally get some warning at least.