View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
After reading all this stuff and looking at the damage, I am intrigued by the auto drains. After looking for a few minutes, there are many different kinds. Pneumatic operation, 115V on a timer, 115V with some type of float deal like a sump pump, 220 single phase like the compressor itself. Quite a variety. Any recommendations? I have my vertical 80 gallon anchored to the slab with shock cushions. I can see that would offer little resistance to an all out failure
I have a vertical 80 gallon two stage compressor mounted on a wooden base with 2" rubber very dense rubber isolators in the corner of my garage.

I have always opened the drain (if I knew I was not going to use the compressor for a while) and left it open.
No water was ever left in the tank to rust out the inside of the tank at the end of the days work.

Course My air compressor was purchased 30 years ago before all of the Chinese stuff hit the market.

You really need to watch them purchases today on garage equipment, as shown by the crappy floor jack stands, etc posted in a couple of threads last year. When I move out of this house the air compressor will be in a custom "shed" next to the garage on the outside of the garage more to reduce noise than anything else. Marty Palbykin had his set up that way back in 1996.

Glad no one was hurt.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.