View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Can I get help with goodmark part numbers?

I am making a list of parts I will be ordering for my car;
I have been told I need to find the goodmark part numbers and at this time there is one part in particular that I cannot seem to find.

The main part right now that I cannot seem to find is what I would call the inner rear tail panel. It connects the the end of the trunk floor and drops down to the bottom of the outer rear tail panel.

I think I found it on the Classic Industries website, but it says it's a Camaro/Firebird part, and I thought the Firebird one was specific.

rear inner tail panel

Interestingly they call it a "rear frame cross member" or "rear crossrail".

Is this a Camaro part?
If so, is the Firebird one not available?

In the course of my search I have found several listings on Classic Industries pages that I could not find on the Goodmark page;
Aren't all these parts manufactured by Goodmark?

Here are one example of parts that I found on CI, but not on Goodmark:

Trunk assembly with frame rails

I will probably not be going this route, but it was a part I was considering;
My hesitation is that it has the rear seat section to top of trunk that on my car is solid - I was thinking that I would weld the floor to this section at the rear seats, another strike against it, is the trunk floor appears to be the one that is setup for a gas tank with the eveap system - since mine in not Van Nuys car, mine shouldn't have that.

While we're in this area, I have been inspecting my rear frames and thought that you could buy front and rear halves or the whole thing;
Mine are bad at the front where they connect to the floor, but when they curve to go up behind the seat they appear to be fine from that point rearward. I won't know for sure until I get the very rear sections blasted and clean if the rear most part is bad enough to deem replacement necessary, but my hunch is that it's fine.

Is a front section not available by itself?
If so, will I have to buy the whole assembly to get the front section?

Are these parts being marketed by CI as OER parts not Goodmark?
Or are Goodmark and OER competitors?

I had thought OER was packaging parts for retail sale, while Goodmark wasn't really retail - they were more for the auto repair industry.

Also, while I have you on the subject of available panels/assemblies, a local suggested that he thought he saw a full floor with rockers - does such a thing exist? - I do not recall hearing of this.

Thank you very much in advance for anything you can share to assist me.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)