Thread: The Last Judge
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott and his wife are a delight to know and their story is a fun one!

I recall having received an email from Scott on 5/7/18 to our Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic website (show ran for 33 years, since disbanded). I responded to Scott's inquiry and we soon connected via phone, then texts and we "got blood pumping". I asked Scott to send me some pictures, promising to keep them private, so I could provide guidance for him to validate his story. With each exchange, we grew more confident that this story was correct. Clearly, Scott/family appreciated the car and wanted to revive it.

As fate would have it, two other members of our GTO club would separately come in contact with Scott after I first connected with him. Paul K. helped Scott with documentation and recommendations for mechanical inspection/repair and John Z. happened to be driving past the road where the garage faced on the very day that Scott/Family and Paul K were there to bring the car from the garage. John's tale is just hilarious as he estimates he's driven past that house/garage more than 1,000 times and had never before seen the garage open. As John was driving past, he caught a glimpse of Orbit Orange out of the corner of his eye and said to his passenger (paraphrase), "I thought I just saw an Orbit Orange GTO!". John decided to turn around to investigate, as he had done so often over the years. It was then when he came upon the house/garage and all of the people pulling the car from it's long slumber and then he comes face-to-face with Paul, a friend of nearly 40 years. That was wild!

I have additional pictures of the car from what Scott shared in early May of 2018 before anyone outside of the family had seen it. If he's OK with me posting some of them, I will do so.

Lastly, I was able to meet Scott / Wife at the MCACN show where we also met DIEGO, who was able to share information proving the car was, as claimed, the LAST Judge produced - story matched perfectly.

Scott, text me when you get this - I can't locate your number! :-o

Neat stuff!! Kurt

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)