Thread: Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Stuart - you are so right!

I am so lucky that my Mother laboriously mounted these photos to cardboard with two-sided tape, PRINTED THE NAMES OF THE INDIVIDUALS UNDER EACH PICTURE, and placed the cardboard in archival sleeves.

Mother has done the work, all I am doing is digitizing and organizing. Some of these folks died 50 years before I was born. Wish the digital tools that are available today were available 40 years ago.

Mother and Dad amassed an incredible private research library. Since Mother did the hard work, I did not need the library, and have donated it to both the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Missouri Archives. They had several Missouri reference books that even the Archives did not have a copy.

For those of you that have resources of this type, sometimes donations are better than ebay. (opinion).

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.