View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbn View Post
Any extra layer of color/metallic will be different than what is on already. Best bet would be to scuff the entire door, blend as small an area as possible and reclear the entire door. Trying to blend clear in the middle of a panel will result in a ghost line that will be noticed in overcast days.
thanks for the reply. just to clarify, the entire door would be cleared in both the scenarios i mentioned, i know better & would never try to clear only part of a panel.

so the 2 options are spot & blend the area to the existing paint on the door & clear the whole door, which will have 3 more layers of clear over the existing paint.

or duplicate the original process used when the car was painted by using the same color final sealer on the entire door (this color stated a medium gray for final sealer) & then the same number of coats of color & clear on the entire door to hopefully end up with the same amount of color & clear as the rest of the car in an effort to keep the color/clear the same as opposed to having more color in the spotted/blended area & then more coats of clear over the rest of the door possibly changing the color/metallic.

just looking for some other opinions on the best approach. i trust my painter as hes painted 3 of my cars with me doing most all the prep & final sanding/buffing, but i also know it can be difficult to match existing paint & metallics & silvers can be hard to match.