View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavidl View Post
i went the other way...mine is the original numbers matching engine that had 130k miles on it, nothing ever done to it other the routine maint stuff as far as i know...like you, the more miles i added the more i worried that the one day i'd punch it hard and something internal would break lose & smoke the entire engine...so i had it rebuilt by a well known pontiac rebuilder and racer...i suppose it made me feel better about punching it now with a "new" engine and ease my worries about something internal breaking loose...a side benefit was it was rebuilt to RAIII specs :-)
Sounds like you have a nice fresh motor now. The thing is mine is too. I have just under 1000 miles on it since the rebuild, I was just worried about the rods, bolts and valvetrain being so old. Especially as mentioned at 60 over this motor is on it's second or third life so I assume it has a fair number of miles on all those parts.

Nice looking Formula, BTW. Love that color.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share

Last edited by jhein; 09-10-2021 at 11:57 AM.