View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The theory that an oil additive can do much greater things than the base oil, and an additive package that the oil company uses has never seen too much success.

If you want to keep sludge from forming initially you need to keep the oil as clean as possible nearly the same, or better, than it comes from the refinery. You'll never achieve that with a conventional oil filter.

If you want to minimize wear you'll never do that with a conventional oil filter.

If you want to remove sludge from an engine running any type of high detergent, or solvents can have disastrous effects. You need to remove the sludge solids from the oil gradually with a superior oil filter. That includes the sub 30-40 micron solids that pass right through a conventional oil filter.

Even if this Archoil works as advertised, what happens to the solids it removes from the oil system? They will continue to circulate because sludge is made up of fine solids that a conventional oil filter cannot physically remove. Broken down they will return to the oiling system to circulate until the oil is drained. All the fine solids that pass right through a conventional oil filter do the majority of engine wear. They can get in between any 2 moving parts in any engine. While they are between the 2 surfaces they abrade both surfaces, causing wear and clearances to increase.

Oil pressure is a product of a pump that displaces X volume into a corridor of engineered leaks. Those leaks are a certain specification when new, and as metal wears away they become larger clearances. Once the metal is gone the only way you can make more pressure is to put in a thicker oil the make more resistance, and pressure in the corridor. The other alternative is replace the worn surfaces to bring them back to the OEM spec. I've been doing this for 50 years, and this is the only way I have ever seen oil pressures increase.

No filter, oil additive or specially engineered oil can increase resistance to flow other than a higher viscosity fluid.

I don't want to get into a pissing match about it, but if any of what I said makes sense, than you can see what may be the outcome of disturbing the sludge in the engine could be. Motor honey, like STP will band aid a worn engine, but nothing can repair the wear of an engine that I'm aware of, especially if it's poured into the crankcase.

I've been running my own diesels, and gas engines with by pass filters now for over a decade, they work as advertised. I change oil at 30,000-40,000 miles, you can't do that with a full flow oil filter without disastrous results.

FWIW, I looked at the Archoil site, It sounds very much like Hot Shots Secret. FWIW, Hot Shots Secret makes pretty much the same claims as Archoil does. The company was in business for 5 plus years, and they stumbled onto something that would help engines even more than their special formulated oil, and additives.

I'll give you a hint, you don't pour it into a fuel tank, or crankcase. They found a poorly run company that was close to bankruptcy, and bought it to compliment their line of oils and additives This was shortly after 2008 when the US was in financial trouble, and businesses were dropping like flies.

The name of the company? Frantz Oil Filters, they bought the company lock stock and barrel and now promote Frantz Filters as much as they promote their additives, and oils. Frantz oil filters was the company I bought a franchise for selling their products before they sold out to Hot Shots Secret. My franchise wasn't recognized by the new owners, and if I wanted to sell their product, I would have to start at the bottom, and make a large pre purchase, same as I already had done before from the previous owner. Back to the subject.

Here's the list of their products, compare theirs, against Archoils.

https://www.hotshotsecret.com/shop/

They seem pretty similar, accept Archoil hasn't started selling by pass oil filters, yet. Amsoil has been in the oil, and additive business for decades, about 15-20 years ago they also stumbled across something that really compliments their business, by pass oil filters.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: