View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Air shocks are as close to junk as one can get. Twice a year at our monster swappers, I got rid of recent partscar pull air shocks, 1850 Holleys, holley pattern P4b's, dented 3 tube headers... the young guys loved that stuff.

Stiffer rear springs are way to go. If you have some nice clean WS6 rear leafs, I'd have them re-arched. On a 2nd Gen, it wouldn't be that hard to duplicate a pair of Herb Adams shackles, they are 1" longer center to center. Ran a pair for several years in the mid 80's on my modified '80 Turbo car. Even with low miles on the '80, the rear settled down some with the extra weight of the torque-starter battery & big 20lb nitrous bottle on opposite trunk ledges. Managed to run a pair of 265-60r15 NCT's, no rub & they lasted lasted twice a long as the 255 Eagles I kept going through.
thanks for contributing but, please relook at the title to thread. 'simple' easy', etc
thanks

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11