View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 11:23 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Ive talked to Charlie (at the Pontiac race a couple of times) and if I recall he has never Dynoed his engine. He's doing great at those boost levels with that 4 banger! Im thinking i could make over 2,300 hp maybe more at that boost level. "The Question/Thread" was will a "stock block" hold up at 1,200 HP not at 1,400, 1,500 0r 2,000 HP.........if he doesn't race it all the time "special" not 1/4 mile passes! At the Pontiac race this year i made 13 quarter mile pass in 3 days a factory block wouldn't hold up to that much abuse, thats why race cars run aftermarket blocks. So if he just cruises it and jumps on it once in a while keeping the rpm down he could be good BUT I wouldn't.....thats just me!

GTO George
Spoke with Charlie and he said that is not true what you posted in Post #31.

His car has been on a chassis dyno at least once if not more times.
Do not believe he has been on a engine dyno though (so your post may be 'somewhat' correct).

He has actually been at those boost levels many times and you are assuming given power levels vs actually being at those power levels.

I spoke with him about your post, right after you made your post.
Words right out of his mouth on the phone.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-26-2021 at 12:09 AM.