View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 09:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys for all the info
Keep your opinions coming as I am sure many can use this info

It sounds like the majority think Vintage Air is the way to go
Can I purchase a VA system minus the condenser so I can use my previously purchased NOS condenser?

To let you all know I am dealing with an open canvas with my 67 WS convertible.
Maybe this will help with some opinions on the AC restore options

My 67 is a barnfind convertible 242 car PHS documentation says it should be a Tyrol Blue convertible w blue interior and white top with console, vacuum gauge and power windows
It is a numbers matching WS engine and Muncie transmission
I am not sure that the engine is original as I don’t know the history of the car. I know the numbers on the block match timing on the Build date of the car.

My wife and I decided on a parchment interior which is done and ready to install
Engine is also done and dynoed at 435hp with a 66 GTO tripower all correct numbers intake that I acquired for an earlier build. I like the “wow” factor of the tripower

I had the engine built by a local Pontiac race shop to run on pump gas and talked with Mike Wasson about how to set up the tri power carbs for the installed cam and put the original 67 intake and carb on the shelf to have if I ever want to go back to stock 67 intake.

This will be a driver so I am not sure about all the value opinions on keeping it stock which is why functionality is probably the most important.

I think we have decided on red but with a white top but not sure about maybe a custom color

I have the originsl 14” ralley 2 wheels but with the disc brake conversion I plan for the front I have picked up a set of 15” Rally 2 rims to keep it a stock look.

As you can see by the photo the body is currently off the frame and I really have an open canvas to do what I want and now is the time to decide on the AC system
This is a virtually rust free car that’s I don’t believe it has seen a winter or a salty environment as you can see every door and body seam with no rust holes.

Also, as a related side note I have a 79 Trans Am that also has had its stock AC system raped of components and my wife wants AC in that before she will ride in it so that is the subject for a different thread

Keep the info and ideas coming

Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	39AE9C0A-E57E-40E0-8F0C-5C2B38BAB9BB.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	583337   Click image for larger version

Name:	8412F4A9-1C97-4B3E-8EF2-76A089C7E356.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	583338   Click image for larger version