View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 05:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I know this post is ancient but I searched high and low on this site for the this same question and this unanswered post is the only thing that came up.

So I bought a pair of The Parts Place grille trim for my '69 GTO from Ames. The Ames site mentioned they arc isn't right but they have success bending them to make them an excellent fit.
So I tried that today and started on the left one. Broke it! "Excellent" yeah right, it broke way before I could bend it to the correct arch. I stuck the right side trim on and it's exactly the same way. I bent it a little to make it fit a little better but it looks like crap. If I try to bend it any more I'm going to break that one too. $80 wasted.

I still have the originals but the chrome plating isn't very good and would need to be rechromed. But I know rechroming pot metal is really expensive.

I do see that Dynacorn makes a set of complete grilles with new trim already installed. However, I can't find a single review on them. Plus everyone is presently out of stock on them.

Advice or comments would be appreciated. If anyone knows about quality of the grilles by Dynacorn, that would be a big help.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO