View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The retracted pinion to flex plate clearance was a bit over maximum recommended .100" on mine. Chris at IMI told me that it was fine as long as the extended pinion interfaced with at least 70% of the flex plate which mine did.
Sorry to hear that you could not rotate it where you wanted it. I did not foresee that being an issue with the log manifolds. But of course I wanted mine in the position that yours is in now anyway.
I'm pretty sure that I can get that nut off of mine but honestly I did not try to completely remove it I just need it to loosen it to do the troubleshooting I was doing.
I have had mine mounted with up to three shims and down to zero shims. Again, I was trying to troubleshoot a problem that actually wound up being a voltage problem. With that said, it worked under all of those conditions so I guess it's fairly forgiving as far as clearance goes.
I have zero shims at this point and since changing the solenoid wire it has not had a single hiccup.
The post office said that your package should be there Tuesday so I would expect it no later than the following Monday...lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post: