View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the PY Forums and to the fraternity of '64 GTO Owners!

Looks like you have yours pretty well decoded. If you would like a copy of the 3 part series of articles that I published in Smoke Signals that provides the decode of the '64 KC and Baltimore Shipping Order records, PM your email to me and I will forward pdf copies to you. I've continued to revise my decode as info is learned but the article is still 98% accurate.

The Seat Belt Delete option on yours is relatively rare. In those days, macho guys would swear that they were never going to pay for seat belts. When they became standard equipment after December '63, PMD offered the $11 seat belt delete option. Despite the opposition to them, very few buyers actually ordered the delete option. Kind of funny when you think of the mandatory air bags and other safety equipment that we now pay for in new vehicles.

One other item of note that I've seen on others, Pontiac changed the PS V Belt arrangement at mid year. The announcement indicated on or about Feb 15 for the change but I've seen evidence to show that the change occurred a tad earlier.

Your Broadcast Date is Feb 13 and has the late year arrangement. The change allowed PMD to eliminate the PS option only 37 amp alternator with the 2 groove pulley. After the change, they used the 37 amp alt with a single groove pulley with and without the PS option.

As the Shipping Order confirms, your car did not have a full wheel cover option. It got the standard hub caps, "dog dish" style. Consequently it got Yorktown Blue painted wheels and, yes, the 3rd character of the Paint Code on the Shipping Order codes the Wheel Color.

I'd like to confirm a couple of the more obscure options that the Shipping Order has coded on yours.

I've decoded Code 455 to be the 2 speed Wipers (without the Washers). PMD Sales Code 402. This option is not common. More common is Code 452 which coded 2 speed Wipers with Washers, PMD Sales Code 421.

The Washers would have the pushbutton in the center of the wiper knob. I'd like to confirm that yours lacks the pushbutton on the wiper knob and is the 2 speed Wipers.

I've decoded 472 as the Electric Clock, PMD Sales Code 604. Aside from the fact that I always thought the Pontiac Rally Clock looks super cool, I'd like to confirm that yours has the Electric Clock in the right most opening of the dash.

Thanks!