View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There has always been concern about floorboard clearance when replacing the old transmission in a Catlina/Ventura body. Look close at the picture and you can see some hammer work a the rear tail shaft mount bolts. That was the only real problem and not bad either. The accumulator is close and maybe could have had some hammer work but it has not been a problem. Also the dipstick area should have been worked if we had used a factory dipstick but the Lokar unit seems to have solved the problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	tailshaft1.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	589788

Name:	accumulator1.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	589789

Name:	accumulator2.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	589790

Name:	dipstick2.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	589791
The rear mount is not the arrangement I might have preferred. The load point is way forward of the cross member and imparts a twist to the cross member. The cross member to frame mounds have been beefed up some to compensate. I didn't want to move the cross member forward as the exhaust pipes would have to be changed. I know I could have had a better mounting point on the transmission with a 200R4 but thane I would have had to change the rear end also. I have a 2.87 rear end and an overdrive with that would not work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rearmount.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	589792