View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor78 View Post
Obviously my comment was tongue in cheek, but also not far from what many may think the true value was. This Generation? Yeah ok. one may say that if you have to replace most the vehicle panels due to rust or damage, it's almost rebodied anyway. Feel free to spend the money, have it fully restored and then sell, for that extra profit. Worth more and cost more are very different things. A profit doesn't always mean it was worthwhile. There's more of a drain than just cash. Hopefully you find someone willing to take on the project.
I took your numbers swapping comment literally. My mistake. We see things things quite differently. I was offered 6 twice bringing it home on the trailer ten years ago. Maybe being able to walk up to it and touch it and crawl under it to see how solid it is makes a difference. I don’t know. Maybe restoration has changed. Maybe the market has changed. I’m not going to get bunged up over people disagreeing with me about the value of a car though. As you read, there are people who agree with me on the car and there are people who disagree. That part has always been consistent. …about all cars.

The Following User Says Thank You to shakerz For This Useful Post: