View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tough to answer.

That high tuck system is basically moving the mufflers up a bit closer to the floor.

I use factory style hangers and on an A body that muffler hanger pretty much dictates how high it's going to be with no way of really changing that.

With that said I see now that Pypes is offering factory style muffler hangers for this kit with the HGH part number. I have to wonder if they have made those shorter just to work with this kit. I haven't had my hands on a set of those hangers so can't say for sure but I have a suspicion. Otherwise a factory hanger isn't going to "high tuck" the muffers if you know what I mean.

Moving the mufflers up will also change how the over-the-axle pipes will fit and function so I'd have to imagine those are probably bent a little differently.

Me personally I wouldn't want to try and cobble together just the high tuck mid pipes on a current system and then have that change everything from the mufflers back in the process. I tend to agree with Pypes in that it would be best to just start with a whole new system so everything can be made to fit as it should without a bunch of fuss. Then just sell your current system. They are still the most reasonably priced stainless mandrel systems on the market from what I've seen.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE