View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of the "incidents" started with folks hunting close to their property. For whatever reason they not only fenced it in to keep the deer on it but didn't want anyone hunting withing close proximity to it.

They had cameras EVERYWHERE, so showed up very quickly if you got close to any of the property lines. At the beginning they would just fire dozens of rounds to scare you and the deer off. As things escalted they started shooting into the trees over your head, then into the ground close to you. They even fired a rifle round about 3' over the head of a bow hunter while he was sitting in a tree stand recently. The also "booby" trapped several tree stands on other folks property if they were situated close to theirs. Once cutting most of the way thru a safety chain, another time hiding needles on the ladder rungs so they would puncture your hands as you climbed. They even set a ground blind on fire and burned it to nothing. Of course when I say "they" we can ony assume that it was them, they never got caught, investigated or charged with any of these crimes.

Of course it goes without saying that ALL trespassers were stopped, held at gunpoint and at least one was shot during an altercation that followed.

The incidents became more frequent and more violent. Once their father passed away which was maybe 2 years ago things escalated very quickly and finally someone got one of them on film pointing a gun at him making death threats.

Once charged and jailed Randy just figured he could threaten the Judge presinding over the case, the Prosecuting attorney, and any lawyers involved with death threats. That didn't work out so well and he ended up sitting in jail without bond.

No one is exactly sure who, when or why they revoked the no-bond thing and let him out, but he removed the monitoring device and threw it in one of the neighbors flower beds, then went missing.

Local Law Enforcement knew that at some point effecting his arrest was going to be a blood bath. So no one really blames them for trying to breach the compound and start a stand-off, but it was just going to happen anyhow. The bail bondsman was about to loose $80,000 so he went the compound and got his truck all shot up for his efforts. That was the catalyst that set things in motion and it turned out exactly how everyone living up here knew it was going to.

All of us living up here are glad it is over, which was obvious by their reaction when the news came across the scanner that there were slumped over in the side-by-side and not moving. Anyhow, on to bigger and better things and I can put my "ruck" back in the gun safe. I've been armed to the teeth traveling about my property since this whole ordeal started............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1836.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	597134  

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),

Last edited by Cliff R; 08-24-2022 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post: