View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Values are all over the map on 69-70 GP's. 428 & 4speed are close to top of the food chain. Hope the car has the intact console top plate & ashtray. Being a factory AC 428 stick car, going to be a 370 horse 428. Great factory colors boost value. PHS show the hood tach? Can't remember running across a 69 or '70 GP with a factory installed hood tach (on PHS copy). A bunch of '69's, have inspected had owner installed dash tachs in place of the original clock.

How deep youre going to be buried in it comes down to how solid & straight a car, & how nice of original interior pieces still exists. Really nice exterior trim & valances help a lot. Some '69 GP parts are easy find: decent taillights, hood hinges, radios. Other parts like perfect '69 parking lamps are made of unobtanium. The molded '69 only lower door panels typ are alway bad, & one of the few items JustDashes will get my $$$$ on. At least $1600-$1800 to replate the front & rear bumpers. Nice undamaged fan shrouds are getting tough, hope you manage to get the original manual trans radiator core, even if it's damaged.

Well,
I have a 70 GP Donor car that has a great interior that I can use and I have a nice dash. Good point on the radiator core. I will check on that. I have a perfect fan shroud. It does have the console top plate and ashtray.. With the donor car I will have most of what I need including the carb. Color is green and I will have to change it to a triple black car for sure. Not into green personally and I had a 69 triple black back in the early 70's. Yep, I am old... LOL