View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Advantage Lift/ Back Yard Buddy square tube steel leg 4 posts are the way to go for a quality manufactured 4 post Lift. Been aquainted with the strong square tube leg design Advantage Lift 4 post lifts for near 10 years. Very rigid, they can even be "parked" without anchoring to the slab, & then be moved in your shop space if needed. I've had serious car collector friends that have owned BackYard Buddy 4 posts going back into the early 90's. Likewise, these square tube leg 4 posts have been rolled outside on caster attachments onto a concrete drive apron, then back into the shop.

my own .02, is C channel leg design 4 posts are all right if you get a really good NLI rated one. Locally, have personally observed the damage from four cars falling from 3 different brands of C channel leg design 4 post lifts. One such incident was on a very expensive longtime national brand 4 post lift. Have also been in numerous home garages, as well as shops that the residents had picked up relatively cheap C channel leg 4 post lift. My first cousin & her husband own a bunch of relativly new commercial buildings. In an eviction mess, they picked up for cheap, a less than year old cheap import 4 post lift. At max it was a $1800 entry level lift 7-8 years ago (that's easy 3K today). in observing my cousin raising her Dads prev late 50's Ford retractable, the C channel legs flexed, & quite honestly the lift sure didn't appear safe. My suggestion was it might be better for her husband to keep his mid 80's Toyota MR2 project up on that lift & keep the restored heavy Ford retractable on the ground! All the above incidents, along with my area having had a swarm of earthquakes through the last 20 years convinced me of the value of the Advantage Lift 4 post lifts.

Two Post symetrical or asymetrical arm lifts... there are a bunch of good ones out there. Through regional auctions am always running across high quality national brand commercial used 2 posts, Challengers, Rotarys, occasionally a DannMar. I really dont want to spend $8500-10k on a new high end one but am keeping my eyes open for a deal on a nice used one. My brother acquired for near nothing a near 40 year old commercial Challenger 2 post lift in the mid 00's. It had been in a sealed up prev garage/now storage area of what was then a converted convenience store. That was since the lift was a little under 2 years old, not that many duty cycles, & didn't take that much to restore.

Last thought, in first examining & operating an Advantage 9000 4 post lift near 10 years ago, it clicked in my mind, that it sure looked like a clone of a Backyard Buddy. 2 years ago, Advantage Lifts took over operations of BackYard Buddy in Warren OH. I just clicked on the above link, & Advantage Lifts has a sale going right now on the Back Yard Buddy 2 & 4 post lifts. Have the Advantage lift of your choice shipped in, or if you have an open car trailer or 5th wheel & are anywhere near Wchita KS, Elk River, MN, or NE Ohio, go pick up what you need.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 10-04-2022 at 03:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'ol Pinion head For This Useful Post: