View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
Customer service seems to be a second thought and evil necessity for many business these days. I have a Sniper XFlow...product problems right out of the box as well. I didn't find Holley to be particularly helpful either. Once it runs works great but these units with the controller built into the throttle body leave me wondering about longevity. Glad to hear the OP got it running.
FWIW I've had an early FiTech 30001 on my Firebird since August 2015. It has about 30000 miles on it. I've not had any heat related issues with the ECU.

The only issue I have had with the system is a burned up main harness connector. The early FiTech units used an undersized fuel pump power wire that created enough resistance to melt the main connector. It cost me about $40.00 bucks for a better weatherpack connector and about an hour of my time to rewire the main connector.

FiTech updated the harness to solve that problem around 2017.

Point being, I wouldn't worry about heat related ECU issues. It doesn't appear to be a common failure point with these systems.

80-90% of issues you see on boards is the result of poorly installed units
10-20% are the results of manufacturing issues with the biggest issues being an ECU that is DOA or a faulty injector.