View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thats too bad the seller wont ship these, they can easily be wrapped in cardboard sheets or find/make a box for them, large TV boxes work great you can find at some stores or Uhaul & others sell these types of boxes. fedex/ups will ship these for not too expensive if packed right to keep size under their oversize limits, i have shipped a bunch of both of these parts. heres some more options-

if he wont ship them he can bring them to one of the stores such as "the UPS store" or others like that, they will pack it for him & its not very expensive for how well they pack it. can even calll with rough dimensions & they will give an estimate to pack, ive used that service for expensive audio components i dont want to ship or deal with potential damage claims, the buyer pays to have it packed & shipped then if theres damage he deals with ups directly & they cant deny the claim for insufficient packing since they packed it to their standards. their walk in rates will be higher than if he uses the ups/fedex website to ship but if you really want them & the price is fair just have to be willing to pay for shipping.

also a company called spee-dee delivery will ship for lower than any other carrier to a small footprint of states including NE & WI, they will pick the item up from his house for a small fee & deliver to your door, but they do need to be at least wrapped in cardboard or lots of shrinkwrap. cheapest option for midwest states in their footprint. you can message me for help with using their service.

other option is greyhound for large items, but he will need to box them up still.

also, fastenal store to store, just strap the parts to a pallet, or make a box, then he drops off at his local fastenal & you pick up at your local fastenal, ive used them for heavey parts like engines & pallets full of heads, very decent rates.

last option is U-ship, which is a shipping service where you post the item you want shipped then shippers give bids to ship it & you accept the one you want, kinda like a reverse ebay, i have used them for large parts like engines & cars, some shippers are expensive but sometimes you find one going that way with another load that will add yours for a decent price.

lots of ways to have things shipped when the seller doesnt want to deal with it. hope that helps