View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

without knowing what brand or version of roller lifters they are, its hard to know what the manufacturer suggests for preload, the original CC roller lifters called for 1 full turn past zero lash, not sure if they took into account 7/16-20 rocker studs, but the 2nd "S" versions called for only 1/2 turn. same for hyd FT lifters, some call for 1 turn some call for 1/2 or even 1/4, helps to know what they are or just play with settings.

or try cliffs bottomed out then back off 1 turn. he has done that on his car & said it worked with no other issues, im sure others have done it too.

on my CC roller cam/lifters i went with the 1/2 turn for the "S" lifters & they are very quiet, on a hot summer day after some hard driving fully heat soaked they will get just a slight tick but nothing major, im sure thats the alum heads expanding, i plan to try adding maybe 1/4 turn to see if that changes, if not will try cliffs way.. or just leave them as is since it doesnt really bother me majority of the time.