View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Those Vega converters turned a good GM turbo trans into the same slush box transmission the Ford Granada used.

By chance you ever run your 73 down the drag strip?
No, Paul, I never did, I like turning corners lots more than racing in a straight line. I never got much thrill from drag racing comparatively.

I did however participate in a few impromptu acceleration contests on the public thoroughfares when the someone thought that their brand X was quicker than my Pontiac. I remember a SBC in a side piped corvette that got his ass handed to him, he was nice enough to acknowledge that my car ran well, after his loss..... In my experience, that's not your average corvette owner though.

Background on the T/A, 455 HO heads, stock compression ratio, 8.2 to 1. Just a bone stock 455 block, and pistons. Hooker Competition Plus round port headers, and a 268 single pattern Comp Hi Energy cam, 1.65 rocker arms, a pretty mild engine.

Factory transverse muffler and 2 1/4 pipes (not the best choice as far as restriction). As I already posted 3.08 axle, TH 400, with the 12 inch 350 convertor. Many of the Herb Adams low buck mods made to the chassis. L60 X 15 radials on the rear on American Racing 200S 15 X 8 wheels on the rear, G60 X 15 radials on the front, on the same American Racing wheels. Very well suited to spirited cruising, and occasional auto crossing. My signature black, with gold accents color combination, with a custom metalflake bird painted on the hood. Timeline, 1980.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: