Thread: RAM tough???
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 12V installs in older Chevys & GMC's mainly stems from "GM" guys trying to keep their square body & GMT400 chassis 3/4 & one tons on the road. First witnessed that swap over 25 years ago with several Chevy bracket racers. First picking up cheap partially stripped 4door duallies that needed an engine. Each one of them found a heavily wrecked Cummins Dodge to gives up its engine & trans then parted out the rest of the Dodge. That longtime GM owner "anti Dodge truck" sentiment often sees liitle basis in fact, just hyperbole, "can't drive a Dodge, doesn't fit with my rep..." LOL

Hasnt been hard to find solid 2nd Gen Dodge 2500 bodies/chassis down here. There's not a spec of rust on my Cummins & its only been garaged indoors (my building) for a few months in its life. Late 98 12V ext cab 12V, NV4500, HD clutch, Dana80.

Neighbor up the road sold his clean super solid '01 Cummins Dually quad cab last winter. Buyer gave 23K, & the AC needed recharge, if it had been 4wd, could have brought another 5k.