View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
I have antique porcelain,nippon,depression glass,etc. We saved when we bought our first house. I had a auctioneer(we had an auction when bought the house,these are the remaining items we saved) come in to appraise the articles. About 20 boxes. He said they are not in demand now. After my wifes passing I've been thinking of trying to sell them.
My Uncle Bill collected glassware for years. All the truly valuable items( like his Tiffany lamp) were sold over the years to finance he and my Aunt Evelyn’s medical bills. When Evelyn passed away I was left with nearly two dozen boxes of assorted glassware, all of it antique, but I have no idea how much it is worth. An auctioneer friend told me less than $5,000. My youngest uncle is a rare book collector. He has a friend who has offered to assist me in disposing of the glassware to dealers he knows, so I may go this route. God knows I don’t need it; Bill’s kids didn’t want it. All they wanted were his guns (which he left to me) and any money that was left( zero…it went to pay for Evelyn’s hospice stay).

Dr. Thomas Sowell