View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by besserspat View Post
I honestly think that if we weren't "indoctrinated" by how fast our car "should" get in the quarter or how much HP we "should" put out for street cred. We'd drive around in much milder set ups.

it does not mean boring cars , far from that but we would spend more time optimizing and fine tuning what we have, instead of throwing a bunch of aftermarket parts in hopes of pleasing the gods of speed and our ego.

One car I always wanted as a kid was a Porsche 911 Ruf. So I was lucky enough to find one 12 years ago, but it get very little drive time... My main residence is near the downtown core and our roads are absolutely atrocious. The only vintage stuff that cam survive those roads are Jeeps and trucks.

Besides the fact that I would destroy the Porsche on those roads on a regular basis, the car is too clean, too rare and becomes an real burden to drive around surrounded by bozos..

I've even put recent Turbo twist 17" wheels and more forgiving rubber to spare the original wheels from our million potholes.

The Ruf came from the factory with a cage, race seats, stiff suspension and loud RSR type exhaust. The clutch is an On/Off switch and the transmission has airport gearing ( very short track ratio , tops at 135 mph @ 7000 )

So yeah its a hoot to drive on a smooth track , in the street not so much.

I still appreciate the car...

...But I realized a while ago that less is more when it comes to driving the streets and that too much is really a thing.

Peter

I remember watching a show or documentary on them many years back, very cool find! They put together some fantastic cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77 T/A- poncho 400| T-10|3.23| I beams|Hyper flat top pistons|Kre heads|Scorpion rockers|Xr276 hydro roller|Rpm intake|Smi qjet|Subframe connectors|Rancho sways|Mcleod super street|hydro clutch|More i cant remember
The Following User Says Thank You to Vroom_vroom For This Useful Post: