View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Microsoft Edge Locked and Gone

A heads up..... and don't laugh. No MS Edge to get on the internet isn't funny.

This morning I tried to get on to the internet with Edge. I was locked out. It would not open no matter what I did. I couldn't even get into the Settings list. Or anything else I was hoping to use. I even did a System Restore and that didn't work at all.

I figured that my Zone Alarm antivirus could be the culprit. Nope, even tho I was getting virus blocks on every webpage I went to last night. That wasn't it. So, after trying to start another recovery the Uninstall section popped up. I scrolled to Microsoft Edge and hit the uninstall tab. Figuring that would get rid of Edge altogether and have to take the computer to a repair shop, Repair popped up. I started it and a whole new MS Edge was installed. Now it's working again and I'mmmm Baaack. LOL

So, if you have any problems with trying to get Edge working this should help you fix it. But you need to get into the Uninstall section. That is a must and the one thing that evaded me for 3 hours. By luck it opened so I could fix it.

Make sure you have a back for internet access. Use Opera, Firefox, Safari, Comodo IceDragon, and as a last resort Google Chrome (I hate anything Google). In my estimation Microsoft is falling apart. Even updates.

I hope you never have to go thru this. It's a RPITA.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.

Last edited by GT182; 01-13-2023 at 04:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GT182 For This Useful Post: