View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 02:24 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Here is my experience further explain. I've had heater cores leak 2-3 times in my life. I discovered the leak by finding coolant in the floorboard. Those heater cores were in daily drivers that I used for work so I bypassed the cores until a more convenient time to replace. In my case, I cleaned the coolant up dried the carpet. Done deal. Never noticed any more coolant on floor after initial clean up. I have never had rusted out floorboard due to a bad heater core. The residual water left in the cores if any was left, evaporated over time. How much fluid does a heater core hold? Bypassing has stopped new fluid from entering the core.

Back then I didn't have the option not to drive my cars in the rain as they were my main mode of transportation. I've never owned a "show car". Too poor lol.

I lived 56 years in north central fla, central fla and the last 5 in the panhandle.

You do need a heater in Florida the same way you need AC in Michigan. It's a convenience. It freezes in central fla. Just ask the citrus farmers.

With the humidity in fla the warm defroster is a must for me.

I can only comment on my experience, but respect and appreciate others opinion on the subject.
I had a rust free 64 GTO convertible in Missouri.
Moved to Kalamazoo Michigan to attend college there.
My Uncle was a Pontiac Dealer for 67 years in Michigan.

5+ years in the Michigan Salt killed my convertible frame.

So I can relate to having to drive my Pontiac vehicle in cold weather.

A rust free Georgia Frame was purchased and installed later on.

Car is never driven in the winter these days. Car has heater delete
now.

I respect your requirements for the car too.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.