View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Baron,

I know Mark Covil, I believe he did a little welding work on one of my cars in the mid-80s. I think I originally met him at Carolina Auto Fair or the old Metrolina Fairgrounds swap meet that Tom Mack put on.

I remember Mark telling me that he had a tough time getting the car home. It's been a long time, but I think he said one of the bearings seized up on the trailer or the tow vehicle when he was coming home with the car. Mark was calling people he knew to get some help, but I think I wasn't home at the time. I was living just outside of Charlotte back then.

I think Mark bought the car from someone further south, maybe Atlanta or Columbia or Greenville SC. I saw the car once, and it was basically cloned into a BG Formula. The VIN number was definitely a 72 T/A. I think I have some photos of the car somewhere.

I moved to the Raleigh area around 1992, not long after we had a second child. I lost touch with Mark, haven't seen him since probably 1990. Is he doing anything with cars?

I still have that Andy's Indians cap if you want it. I have a friend who moved to Asheboro, I go down that way sometimes to see him.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Glad someone has seen another BG Firebird , somewhere.
Seeing this one on Fboob made me realize - I had never seen another one.
Too many questions, but I think its mostly due to all the other colors they could pick instead.
TA's had 3 color choices - so BG stood a better chance on TA's.

Did you ever see or hear about the converted BG car that Mark Covell had in GSO in mid to late 80's ?
Was a 72 LucyBlue/Black Deluxe 4spd AC Trans Am #s drivetrain car.
Spoilers and Flares removed , RA Formula Hood and Induction added , painted Brewster.
I can't remember if TA fenders were left on it or not.
He bought it that way , in great condition.
I was not a fan of BG in those days at all ,
about lost my lunch when he told what it really was under the BG paint.