Thread: Beauty In Blue!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased that car in Las Vegas Nevada in 2004. The guy I bought the car from had owned it since 1973. He didn't hot rod the car, he just used it as transportation. He drove it to work, and when it broke, he fixed it, etc.... As a result, the car was in very original condition when I got it, although it was old and tired. One of the first things I did was to have the entire car steam cleaned, top and bottom. It was on the steam clean rack for four hours. Afterwards, I took lots of photos.

The front suspension showed signs of having been worked on, (replacement ball joints as I recall), but the control arms had not been painted, the suspension looked original to me. The front sway bar was black at that time. I seem to recall remnants of black paint on the rear sway bar as well. The exhaust system was the original one.

The car had an incorrect alternator when I got it, but while I owned it I purchased a correctly restored 1100903 alternator from John Pirkle Sr. in Georgia which went with the car when I sold it. That alternator is on the car now. I don't recall the exact date code, but I think it was dated February of 1970. I've been involved in the restoration of this car since the owner lives about 10 miles from me, and I can say that much discussion was had over the correct color of the alternator pulley, silver or gold. I know there is some debate regarding this.

That said, this car got gold in class and best of show at last year's TA Nationals, so I guess the judges liked it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3232 copy.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	608656   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	608659   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3547.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	608660   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2523.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	608661  

Last edited by eaglesan13; 03-10-2023 at 05:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eaglesan13 For This Useful Post: