View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw the listing for the upcoming auction in old cars, but they didnt have any details. I think Vanderbrink was put on the 'map' when they sold off the Chevy dealership stuff for stupid money. After that I suppose people thought that whatever they touched turned to gold. I have never been to one of them, so I dont know if they are good, bad, indifferent. Richie bros. has a similar auction policy in that the hi bidder gets to take his choice. They may have 20 backhoes, then after it has bid out they give the highest their choice of which one or how many. I have been there times when they will take all 20! If you were wanting to be next in line you are SOL. It is frustrating. Also, its a crap shoot in that if they bid again it may go lower than the first or higher.

I know a fellow that ended up with a low mile 79 trans am that came out of the last trans am auction (I think it was a mailman that hoarded them). He got the car from the winning bidder. Cleaned up its a beautiful low mile trans am without any issues. SO, regardless of what you see, youre not sure what you have until you get it home.

In regards to authentication, any time one buys from an auction its buyer beware. If you cant be there in person to look stuff over, then best of luck.