Thread: Total timing
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was hesitant to mention Progression Ignition, knowing how most any new tech gets poopooed around here.
I’m very old school myself, still run carbs, even 4-wheel drum brakes. Been into Pontiacs for 40+ years. But, to me at least, this new distributor is a game changer. Allowing me to make changes over the full rpm spectrum and see the timing changes in real time, without opening the hood.
Also the anti-theft ability to lock the ignition while away from the car, the rev limiter, built-in vacuum gauge, speedometer and tach, etc.
It works with Tablets as well as smart phones. And once the initial tune is setup, you don’t need to have a phone with you from that point on, meaning that the distributor will work without a phone. It’s only used to make changes and used if you want to see the gauges will driving, or to disable it for theft. I set my phone up near the dash while driving to monitor the gauges.
As far as failure, my feeling is that it is no more a concern than any other electronic distributor, stock hei, msd, pertronix etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7996.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	613519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7995.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	613520  

66 GTO, 495, M22, Strange S-60 w/4.10
Sold new at Royal Pontiac.