View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 11:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
That's how I set them up here. Yeah it's a bit involved to set up and when said and done costs about a grand start to finish but it's a fantastic setup for a bigger HP carb setup, and about a necessity if going EFI.
In fact I ran these Tanks Inc fuel setups on carbs for years and when those cars were switched to EFI, it was just as simple as changing the spring in the regulator for EFI pressures and done.
When I do this I always set them up with 1/2" feed and return lines so when I'm running carb pressures, the 1/2" return does the job.

If the car is equipped with the charcoal cannister, I use it. This requires welding some extra connections on the Tank Inc tank so I can hook up all the lines required, but will function as the factory intended when finished, and vent through the cannister. Works excellent.

In fact the Tanks Inc systems have worked so well for me I completely modified the floor of a Vega I'm restoring now just to accept a 2nd Gen F-body Tanks Inc 21 gallon tank, complete with a walbro pump and sender etc.... It's also getting 1/2" feed and return lines, and will be supplying fuel to a carbed 500hp 327. That way the fuel system is solid and ready for more power later.
Just under a grand is pretty close to what I spent not counting labor, 1/2” the entire way.

Good good to know that the existing charcoal setup can work with the tanks system. So far I have put them on 69 and older cars without a factory charcoal canister. I would want to try running if the system was on the car already.