View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid View Post

Since I put my new motor in, my car looks a little bit like a gasser. Today I put the radiator in and the front bumper back on thinking for sure it would bring the front down. Not by much and 69 LeMans front bumpers could be used for bench press by Olympic athletes! I still have to put the hood on, so there’s what, 100 lbs? I can’t imagine that the aluminum heads, intake and headers lightened it up that much? [emoji2369]. So yeah I’m in the same boat, front end is sitting high but I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 69 GTO sits exactly the same with the front end high like yours. If your car was a factory air car heavy front coil springs were installed instead of the standard coil springs. And if you now don’t have the factory air in the car you’ve taken a lot of weight off the front end. Also if you now have an aluminum intake and headers instead of the cast iron intake and exhaust manifolds you have shaved more weight off of the front end. Also do you have 14 or 15 inch tires? 15 inch tires would fill up s little more space inside the wheel well. For me I’m going to put air shocks in the rear to raise the rear end to to balance it out. For me the front end being high is good for when you go over a bump or big dip in the road you’re less likely to bottom out. I suppose you can get new coil springs that will lower the front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk