View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had both our '64 GTO's judged, one by GTOAA in Dayton, 2013, and one by POCI at Wisconsin Dells in 2018. Both were awarded Concours Gold.

I don't understand the angst over date codes. The judges made no mention of date codes on either car. I provided PHS documentation for both at each event. The date codes on the Tr-Power intake manifold in '64 are not visible with carbs in place. The date codes on the cylinder heads are under the rocker arm covers. The carb tags plainly show date codes, but tags are easily transferable between carbs, which are the same casting numbers from 1964 through 1965. The date codes on the engine block and distributor are difficult to see, so neither set of judges looked at those.

They did dock points for a throttle cable they claimed was aftermarket, unpainted trunk latch, painted fuel door springs, oil residue on fuel pump, and painted brake master cylinders (should be plain cast iron). Both cars also have '67 HO exhaust manifolds and radial tires, for which points were deducted.

Not a single mention was made with either car about date codes. Where does all this angst come from?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom Glatch GTO Pics Nancy's GTO.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	617939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom Glatch GTO Pics VII.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	617940   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tom Glatch GTO Pics IV.jpg
Views:	80