View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Years ago when I had Pontiacs that ran hot, be it a race car, or street car, my go to fan was a nylon 18.375 diameter fan. It pulls more air than any fan I've ever used at idle, and all the way through the RPM range. The fan blades are almost 90 degree pitch, designed to pull maximum air.

Link to nylon fan: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-104465

Dirt track Pontiacs are tough to cool, but this fan was recommended to me by the shop owner that I used to send all my radiator work to. I tried one, and was sold. Another nice thing is they are much lighter than a fan clutch assembly so easier of water pump bearings also. They aren't going to get you any fuel mileage improvements, but keeping the engine cool trumps fuel mileage.
Oh wow, that's excellent, and that nylon fan is pretty cheap so it's definitely worth a try. I did a bit of poking around and I see that there is another one that is a re-branded version of the Flexa lite for a few bucks less and is called: Allstar Performance ALL30095. I think i will pick one up just to see how it compares to the Derale. Thanks for the tip!