View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, this works:

https://homehacks.co/farmer-shares-r...rid-rats-mice/

https://pestcontrolzone.com/how-fast...oda-kill-mice/

Living in an old farm house we get mice usually as soon as the outside temp drops. It would take 6 months to close every crack, or hole in my house. Last year after we had mediocre luck with traps, and poison, plus we have 4 house cats, I started doing some research. I came up with the baking soda, and cornbread mix. In about a week the evidence showed a marked drop off in traffic, and by the end of 2 weeks there was no more evidence of droppings, or noises.

I buy peanuts in large cubed plastic containers, when empty them, I drill a 1 inch hole in each side about 3/4 of an inch from the bottom of the jar. I put the corn meal, and baking soda mixture inside of the plastic jar and screw the lid on it. then sit out where I know there is mouse traffic. Having a hole in either side makes it accessable in either direction.

The first night the powder was about half eaten and you could see there was a lot of traffic in and out of the jar. each day the traffic was less, and less of the mixture was eaten. By the end of the week there was very little traffic evident in, and out of the jars. Hard to believe more people don't know about this safe bait, that can't harm kids or pets.

There are other variations of peanut butter, and sugar, as well as choclate, mixed with baking soda, but I've only used the baking soda, and cornbread mix so far.
It doesn't get much easier, or cheaper, to kill these pests.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 09-03-2023 at 09:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: