View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have done FAR worse than that to a 69 bird . I used to have this one spot it was about a 6 foot rise in the rd and the. A flat spot on the other side and we used to take a 69 bird and absolutely launch it off that steep rise. . Up 6 ft in about 10 -t0 15 ft distance. Have ti remember these cars were maybe $400 at the time . We had. A blast. And certainly when the road flooded as it does here like that picture we hauled azz through those deep puddles in the flats . Many times spinning the cars out . One time my buddy did it and there was a water main that had frost heaved and he caught the x member on it and bent the crap out of the sub frame . Lucky it didn’t get past it and rip his feet off.

We were absolutely crazy and had tons of fun w our fast cars back in the day . But when the tickets added up I decided to go strictly to the track after a few major court dates. It was a differnt time back then.

One of my birds that didn’t make it., in the picture The Willy’s is the kind of cars we grew up around and how they were used!
bTW the D and E on that car is doyle and exkstrom .bill Eckstrom was the driver of the Stephens Pontiac race cars! He was like a GOD in my town to the kids w those cars. . His whole car club the DRAG N RUN club was sponsored and racing at a high level most dealer sponsored. By different makes GM Chevy Pontiac FORD and Mopar. It was a racing town for sure. .the new departure GM plant was set up like a drag strip and the 1/4 mile is marked off in front of it. They drag race there to this day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2020.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	622013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6159.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	622014  

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 10-21-2023 at 12:57 PM.