View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
Just a tip on those vent hoses, when running them off of a Tanks Inc tank for example, the line really should be coiled 4-5 times and then the vent mechanism mounted on the end of it. It can be as simple as using about 5 feet of hose, run it up from the tank as high as you can, and then coil it above the rearend somewhere and secure it.

Running a straight line from the tank up above the rearend (typically highest point) usually won't be enough as fuel will still slosh up there.
Yeah on the first gen I do not think I am getting it above the filler neck even using the highest point I can on the floor. I do like the idea of the coiled line. But Im not sure how much the coiled line would help if the end termination is still not above the filler neck. WHich is why I had sort of resigned myself to needing to run something up to the firewall so I could get it higher, and at that point I may as well run a positively ventilated can. So it was sort of a cascade effect.

I looked at putting a vent on a line in the wheel well so I could get it higher, but it just gives me the heebie jeebies having it that close to a spinning tire.

100% honestly my very first though, was to buy a charcoal can and just mount it back there where I have the vent line now thinking it might help some even if there was no positive suction from vacuum. Maybe I will still try that with your coiled line suggestion and see what happens. Worst case it makes no difference and I end up needing to move it foward.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports