View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
turns out the rollover vent valve is more trouble than its worth. had no idea when getting under it fuel was burping up out of the vent valve near hot exhaust no less. so when the fuel sits in the line now you have the tank vacuum going on with the swoosh when removing the cap. fixed that by removing it, plugged off the tank vent nipple(s) making it like a 1970 tank, and drilled a small 1/16 hole in the fuel cap. easy fix and no worries.

only way to use those is if you can get the valve located high and the tube near straight up so it drains straight back down. I had mine as high as possible. I could not have used the original eec multi tube piece anyway as my dual exhaust would not have allowed routing all those lines.

The best way, and actually necessary way, to make those Tank Inc roller over vent valves work is the line running to it has to be coiled. Usually I'll do 3-4-5 coils, what ever I have room for, then mount the valve up high. Just running a straight line from the tank to the vent will almost always (in every case I've seen) result in fuel sloshing up there and leaking. The coils make that about impossible. Just a tip for the next guy in case you ever revisit that again.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE