View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairnacho View Post
Did it come with trim.rings too? If it had trim rings you can not tell if it's a 73 on up rally 2 or jw kr . Jw aren't cheap. My formula came with 14 x 7 cl but I nabbed a set of 73 rally 2 15 x 7 with trim ring I might run. You can also buy a repop set of jw style rims I have read that arent all rusty and crusty. Im.no expert but enjoy the hobby. Good luck finding your correct rims and hope it don't break the bank. There is also date codes on them close to value stem. Post more info on your car too.
All Formulas had trim rings, regardless of whether the Rally IIs were 14" or 15". Within the Firebird lineup, Rally II's without trim rings were a Trans Am only thing.

And yes, even with rings, it's pretty easy to spot the difference between the JW/KR/KN wheels and the '73+ style, if you know what to look for.

FHC1971, depending on when your car was built, it might have had KRs instead of JWs. I think some early '71s got JWs, then they switched over to KRs (visually identical, but different code).

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue