View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
i mean really ... right now i have OF 1.0, rev limiter at 5500 rpm. 1.5 rockers. Very safe, it will probably live forever ...

but there is a part of me that wants to put a snotty 290b6 in there, think about it ... 505 cubic inches ... extra wide ratio muncie ... 3.54 gears ... just rip it up to 6500 rpm every time i drive it ...

but would i really just be giving up power in exchange for a top end that could rev higher?
LOL I wouldn't worry about it. I've been buzzing my hydraulic roller in my 454 to 6500 for 25 years, hasn't broke yet

Dad can't seem to keep his 571 off the rev limiter (set at 6200) with his hydraulic roller.

They'll rpm and last forever if built right with good parts. Saving weight is key. My BBC as an example are probably one of the worst when it comes to that. But here it is living just fine.

In fact we are working on a little 327 right now that'll zing pretty good with a hydraulic roller. Much lighter drivetrain parts and a good set of Johnson lifters and the cam that Paul is choosing should make peak up around 6500 or so.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE