View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 05:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Bill, they said going to the Alamo wasn't worth it. There's only the building to look at and it's not kept up as it should be. You can no longer even go inside it.

Kerry, it not something I'd do again for a very long time. Thank God I wasn't in an and 18-wheeler driving back. Traffic was the pits around the big cities. If it wasn't for the slow down around or thru them, I could have been back in 2 days instead of 2 1/2 days or less. LOL
WOW...Sorry to hear that about the Alamo! It has been a long time since I was there, but it was much better back then.

As far as the traffic issues...Welcome to my world! LOL Last year & this year are the only two in the last 25 years that I did not drive more than 100K per year.

The roads, construction areas & the traffic are so much worse now than I have even seen it in my 41 years in the business of transporting. No sense for me to list all the reasons I believe cause it, because it is not going to change anytime soon. I just go out & run my miles, then get back home.

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe