View Single Post
Old 11-23-2023, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to Punkin for the thread and those who have posted.
I just want to add info to this thread to verify Wildwood brakes and calipers. I just upgraded my rear drums to Wilwood forged calipers and their 11" rotor. I'm in the process of doing the front 11" rotor and calipers. We run Hydro-boost systems on both cars. Took the car out couple of weeks ago and was able to lock up all 4 wheels when stopping. Have the Wilwood D52 calipers on front and Wildwood calipers at the back. No issues with any of calipers. This is from Wilwood website.

Forged billet aluminum bodies, stainless steel pistons, and competition style high-temperature seals put an end to the rust, bore pitting, and seal failures that plague the OE caliper design. D52 calipers provide low-maintenance performance and a huge weight savings with high temperature reliability for the street and track.

Theses are the new rears. Forged Dynapro Low-Profile Pro-Series rear disc brake kits
My new fronts. Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Brake Kit

I had my pressure gauge on the fronts to see what kinda pressure was on the calipers in the garage with engine running and was around 500-600 psi. I will be doing more pressure testing come this summer when system is all complete. FYI.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.