Thread: Bitcoin 101
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
several years ago a guy who worked on my computers tried to get me to invest 5k in it. i had never heard of it and just couldnt wrap my head around it. i kept asking who has my money and questions like that and never got an answer that satisfied me so i passed. he told me that i was making a really monumental mistake. didnt listen and had i listened i wouldve been a billionaire. he on the other hand is living on an island in the bahamas now from what a mutual friend told me.
Lots of stories like this and why Bitcoin specifically as a trading instrument or is the wrong way to look at it. Like Gold, Bitcoin's current performance is less about it's growth and more about the weakness of fiat currencies.

If you purchased $100.00 of bitcoin in 2010 when it started trading at $0.08, it would be worth over $50,000,000.00 today. Here's your problem though, how are you accessing it? You can't move all that bitcoin to somewhere like coinbase and cash out of it. They'll never pay you that much. You have to treat it somewhat like a stock that has a cash value and borrow against it.