View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

USAA does not do agreed value insurance on cars. They exclusively use KBB databases for car values, no matter how nice they are. I went through this a number of years ago and they told me if I wanted the actual value of the car I needed to use a specialty insurance company (they worked with one they recommended, Hagerty, etc). They also don't do gap insurance anymore (since 2019) so if you think you have it, surprise, you don't.

You aren't going to win in a fight with them, despite everyone telling you to report them or file a complain - even if you file all the complaints they are too big and too ingrained in the system and economy for your complaint to cause them to do a thing to change and no one is going to enforce it. Every time I've discussed a bad finding with 3rd parties they always come back and tell me "oh, it's USAA. Yeah we're not fighting them because we won't win."

I've had them for 25 years and just got a note yesterday informing me they are terminating my insurance on multiple cars because the wife got 2 speeding tickets this year and she is an unacceptable risk for them. I can appeal and submit in writing that she won't be allowed to use my cars and maybe get my insurance back. They are definitely not the company they used to be, where taking care of their members was the most important thing.