View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
It’s really a shame- I only moved my collector cars to Hagerty because a USAA rep told me I was severely underinsured and there was no way I would ever get $60k for a 1969 Dodge.

I asked for 82k for the car. In my market (Houston) you are hard pressed to get a Hellcat Charger that hasn’t been wrecked for less than 76-78k. Throw in the low miles, Daytona package, sunroof, nav and carbon package I felt $82k was fair market value
A couple of thoughts.

1. Hagerty would have insured your Hellcat. Too late to do that now, but future reference.

2. Assuming that you do want to replace the car, tell USAA that you want them to replace the car with one with the same options and mileage. You aren't asking for a cash amount, you want the car. USAA is liable for car replacement, which includes the car and the sales tax, less your deductible. If you don't want to replace this car, but this kind of car actually can be sold for much more than they are offering, do this anyway and then sell it.

When you get off the dollar amount and they are forced into actually replacing the car with another Hellcat like you had (not a generic white plain jane Hellcat), that should help speed up a fair settlement.

Last edited by The Champ; 01-19-2024 at 10:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post: